Eric Jarmie played for our wedding in November 2013, and we were very pleased. Main takeaways:
1. Total pro: He has played in lots of weddings and knows what needs to be done. His contract was straightforward and simple, he knew what questions to ask and what info to give us, and there were no problems - he showed up as scheduled, played pretty music, dressed professionally, was nice to the guests, and was an all-around pleasure to work with.
2. Patient: We talked a few times beforehand and he worked around our schedules, played pieces over the phone (that didn't work so well, but we appreciated the effort, and there are good recordings on his website) and made suggestions.
3. Excellent musician: I actually didn't have the bandwidth to pay attention, but several guests told me how much they enjoyed the music - that it was pretty and mellow before the ceremony, then fun and faster during cocktail hour. We weren't super picky about this part of our wedding, but we both used to be musical back in the day, and we both thought he sounded great for the parts that we heard. Also, his repertoire is nice for a low-key, non-churchy, outdoor ceremony. We didn't want totally traditional stuff (no Pachelbel, wedding march, etc.), and his classical and flamenco pieces were just right.
4. Handled snafus (caused by us): I think I was supposed to introduce him to the officiant so he could talk about cues/timing, but I was a little caught up in other things and I didn't think of it til later; it didn't seem to matter, as everything was played when it was supposed to be, lasted the right amount of time, etc. (it may have helped that he's played at the venue before and might have talked to the day-of coordinator. I honestly have no idea what happened outside of my bubble the morning of the ceremony, but that's another story...). We also accidentally booked him for a 1/2 hour after cocktail hour ended, and he was very gracious and offered to walk around the hall playing while people ate - this was great, as I'm not sure we had dinner music cued up, so it was nice to have a live guitarist strolling around!
5. Affordable: We don't really know what We're talking about here, but we thought his rates were totally reasonable and it was well worth it.
My wife (back when she was my fiancee) and I found Eric through Gig Salad and after listening to the audio clips on his website, decided to hire him to play during our wedding and the cocktail hour that followed it.
From the moment we first contacted him until he packed up his gear and left the wedding, Eric was a consummate professional. He helped us plan out what songs we'd use by playing clips of songs over the phone and giving us his recommendations. After this, unlike the rest of the people we worked with in planning our our wedding, whenever I emailed Eric questions, he always responded promptly (with helpful answers). We ran all of our for the wedding through his equipment, and everything sounded great (especially his playing).
We'll recommend Eric highly whenever we hear of anyone looking for a Spanish guitar player.
I Had the pleasure of listening to Eric's beautiful guitar on 11/1/2013, at an art event held at Chaminade Resort, in Santa Cruz. Not only was his playing superb, his portable professional sound system allowed his music to project throughout the entire event, without sounding overly "amplified" or too loud, even when I was close to where he was playing. Altogether, I would highly recommend him, if you're seeking music that is fine for ambiance, and also good enough to stop a conversation and simply listen to.- Mark S.
I found Eric Jarmie off of GigSalad.com and the decision to book him for the entertainment of a 50th birthday party dinner made all the difference to turn the event from that of simply food catering and a social gathering to one that will be remembered by the guests and cherished by those whose birthday it was. Eric was very accommodating and understanding and was flexible to work around the requests asked of him. He provided status updates the day of the gig, showed up at the time requested and was very professional. Booked for only an hour and requesting prep time to set up, I was concerned that by having the party run late I would be going into some of the time Eric was to play. However, he realized the situation and did not take very long to set up. He quickly set up and in a matter of minutes and began to mysticize the dinner party with his skillful musicianship of the acoustic guitar by playing various styles of Flamenco. By the end of the party, the comments were overwhelming regarding having the pleasure of hearing Eric Jarmie perform under the moonlight while enjoying dinner and wine. Upon wrapping up his performance, Eric introduced himself to the birthday couple and spoke to the guests whom many acknowledged his presence made for one remarkable event. I strongly recommend those considering an entertainment option to go with Eric Jarmie to enhance any event.- Yaniv H.
We hired Eric for our wedding this past June. Frankly, we decided to add a guitarist to our ceremony last minute so it was slim pickings. I was a little concerned Eric didn't have that many reviews. I'm so glad I went ahead and contacted him.
Eric was very responsive and happy to play a few samples for us over the phone. He guided us through the song selection process and was always readily available to answer any last minute questions.
The day of our wedding he was on time, prepared and most importantly played the guitar masterfully!
Eric did a great job adding musical sentiment to our ceremony and joyful celebration feel during the reception.
He was one of the easiest vendors to work with.
Thank you, Eric for livening our wedding!
Eric Jarmie is a very talented musician! We hired Eric to play before, during, and after our wedding ceremony this past June. The ceremony was everything we dreamed it to be. Eric's music was beautiful and complemented the outdoor setting of our wedding perfectly! He sounded outstanding!
Eric was proactive in helping us plan how his music would pair with our ceremony, which was extremely helpful. We were given samples of his music and he gave us suggestions of how to sequence our ceremony with the music. Honestly, Eric helped us more than he may know. Before speaking with him, we really didn't know how we should plan out our ceremony at all. Neither of us had a lot of knowledge of how to plan a wedding or a wedding ceremony. He was extremely helpful in giving us ideas for the lay out of our ceremony.
He had samples of his songs on his website as well as youtube. We ended up choosing four different pieces for our ceremony that were played during different portions. Each piece set the tone of the moment just how we wanted it!
Our experience with Eric was that he was extremely helpful and professional. His music was excellent and played beautifully. 5 stars without a doubt.
Eric was extremely professional, prompt and dependable. But most importantly, Eric played beautiful music throughout the evening. He is extremely sensitive to his surroundings and knows just how to set the right tone. I would recommend him highly and without reservation.- Marianne D.
I wanted to add something special to an afternoon second wedding reception for our daughter and her new husband and thought music would be great. We hired Eric because the newlyweds love Flamingo guitar and Salsa (and so do I). We were so delighted with Eric - he was very professional from the first contact and kept in touch about our event over several months. He arrived promptly, set up quickly and played beautiful music. He was handsomely dressed and was very polite. Everyone loved the music and I know he will get some referrals from this day. He is a very nice guy and would recommend him for any event.- Liz R.
Eric Jarmie played a fancy fundraiser for my non-profit. He is a true pro. Courteous, well-dressed, punctual, and accommodating to special requests and time snafus. His music is exquisite. I wouldn't hesitate to hire him for a wedding or any black tie event.- Bonno C.